Makivik Job Opportunity
The Treasurer’s department is looking for a dynamic and organized individual to work at the Saint-Laurent office in an environment where teamwork and professionalism is emphasized.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly bank reconciliations for Makivik, Trusts and Divisions;
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly financial reports for Makivik, Trusts and Divisions;
- Assist in the preparation of monthly variance reports to various departments;
- Assist in the audit process;
- Prepare account reconciliations;
- Assist with accounts payable and accounts receivables;
- Data entry;
- Maintain filing system in the accounting department;
- Other related duties required or assigned.
- 2 years of experience in accounting;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written in English and French;
- Excellent working knowledge of SAGE, MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint;
- Accuracy and attention to detail while working under tight deadlines;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Good team player;
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills;
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures;
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills;
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs