Makivik Job Opportunity
The Treasurer’s department is looking for a dynamic and organized individual to work at the Saint-Laurent office in an environment where teamwork and professionalism is emphasized. The individual selected will report to the Senior Accountant of the department.
- Support in the overall accounting & financial reporting with regards to the Trusts administered by Makivik Corporation;
- Support in the overall accounting & financial reporting for the Divisions of Makivik Corporations;
- Support in the financial reporting of various projects/programs administered by Makivik Corporation;
- Support in the preparation of audit working papers and be involved in the yearly Makivik audit;
- Assist in the Budget Process with regards to collection and analysis of financial data;
- Preparation of any financial reports required within the Treasurer’s Department;
- Maintain files for Makivik Corporation Research projects and Leases;
- Assist in the preparation of Treasurer department presentations;
- Other related duties required or assigned.
- Bachelor of Commerce- Major Accounting;
- 5+ years of experience in accounting;
- Knowledge of Nunavik Regional and Local Organizations structure;
- Knowledge of Nunavik political system and its applicability;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written in English and French, Inuktitut an asset;
- Excellent working knowledge of SAGE, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Accuracy and attention to detail while working under tight deadlines;
- Good interpersonal skills, self-motivated and a team player;
- Organized, time management and prioritizing skills;
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures;
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs