Makivik Job Opportunity
Accountant – Construction Division (CON03012022)
- Reconcile accounts including intercompany accounts to ensure that all entries and transactions are reported in accordance with accounting standards and government regulations;
- Track, compile, record and reconcile Construction’s capital assets and inventory accounts;
- Prepare Journal Entries: Construction project cost allocation, depreciation, Housing administration expense, accruals and other information to ensure that entries align with accounting standards and government funding agreements;
- Assist in reviewing and providing guidance for transactions in all subledgers (AP, AR, Inventory, Fixed Assets) related to the project;
- Support quarterly and annual close processes by performing account analysis to make sure that entries and balances are correct;
- Prepare and file monthly GST & QST returns and other government remittances;
- Maintain list of construction camps and subcontractors and related leases and contracts;
- Active participation with members of Finance and other teams to implement and improve processes impacting financial data and reports;
- Provide assistance to Accounts payable and Accounts receivable;
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures;
- Provide full back up for Finance Team for vacations and time-off;
- Assist in the preparation of Construction workers’ expense claims and update expense claim file;
- Assist in preparation of monthly bank reconciliation statements for both general and payroll accounts;
- Correspondence with government agencies;
- Provide support to auxiliary schedules for auditing purposes;
- Other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required;
- Experience 4 to 6 years;
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English, French and/or Inuktitut;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, );
- Knowledge of the Maestro software for Construction Accounting and Project Management;
- Previous experience in Construction industry an asset;
- Reliable and autonomous;
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual.
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs