Makivik Job Opportunity
Access to Justice Officer
The Nunavik Community Justice Center, whose mission is to promote access to justice by facilitating the participation of citizens, through information, support and orientation services, is looking for an exceptional person to work in collaboration with the Center’s coordinator and its partners.
With the guidance and supervision of the coordinator, the Access to Justice Officer will perform the following duties:
- Assist clients with their requests by following procedures;
- Guide and refer clients to existing resources when needed;
- Participate in organizing, promoting and giving group workshops;
- Create and maintain a list of resources and essential documents up-to-date;
- Participate in the development of projects to promote access to justice and Inuit values;
- Encourage and maintain collaboration with partners;
- Compile statistics on requests received;
- Assist coordinator with calendar of activities and schedule;
- Perform other duties related to position.
The Access to Justice Officer:
- Has the ability to listen to people and show them empathy;
- Demonstrates exceptional communication skills;
- Engages in respecting confidentiality of information;
- Is motivated to participate in the animation of group workshops and is available to travel to other Nunavik communities;
- Has the ability to collaborate effectively, including with the Center’s partners (institutions and community organizations as well as the legal community);
- Has a good knowledge of the legal, social and community sectors of Nunavik;
- Has good spoken and written language skills (Inuktitut and English);
- Has computer skills: word, excel, internet;
- Is reliable, autonomous, organized and creative.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual (i.e. travel, cargo, gas, isolation premium).
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs