*Projects must include one of these target groups as project participants in order to qualify for funding. Projects that focus on target group#1 will be prioritized.
Ungaluk priority target groups (in order of importance)*:
Projects helping individuals who live in a high-risk environment (heavy drinking, addiction, etc.) or have experienced past trauma and need support to prevent them from committing a crime, or being victimized.
- Projects helping individuals who have committed a crime and are in jail, and need support to prevent them from committing another crime or breaking conditions.
- Projects helping individuals who need treatment or are in a treatment program.
- Projects helping victims of crime and violence.
- Projects helping families with family members who have been a victim or have committed a crime.
- Projects helping individuals coming out of jail who need rehabilitation and support (social, professional, economic, etc.) to prevent them from committing another crime or breaking conditions.
- Projects helping individuals coming out of treatment who need ongoing support.
- These individuals also need support to become part of the community again.