May 1, 2014-Montreal, Québec-To mark the official launch of the web documentary Iqqaumavara , a special event will take place in Inukjuak’s community centre at 15 :00 PM on May 9, 2014 in the presence of the creation team, some of the relocatees and dignitaries. A film projection and a few speeches are scheduled.
Not to forget the human tragedy and its repercussions that are felt to this day for all the Inuit community, a trilingual website (Inuktitut , French and English) is now dedicated to this part of our history : Iqqaumavara website is the result of 3 years of work and includes:
– 17 hours of unreleased material on the resettlement of Quebec Inuit in the high Arctic ;
– 12 short films that trace the history of the human drama ;
– 40 full interviews with Inuit who tell their experiences ;
– 3 short films made by talented young Inuit ;
– More than 300 photos and numerous archival documents.
IQQAUMAVARA is a production of Makivik Corporation in coproduction with National Film Board of Canada. Original idea Marquise Lepage and Martha Flaherty.
Producers : Marquise Lepage, Jean -François Arteau, François Dorval, Johanne Bergeron ( NFB).
Web designer : Martin ComeauMakivik Corporation in collaboration with the National Film Board of Canada to launch Iqqaumavara website